We envision a community that celebrates and supports a just and sustainable food system that allows small local farmers to thrive.
Our mission is to buy, sell, and cook with fresh, local food to support a sustainable food system and provide a community space where people come together to celebrate meals.
Our once abandoned building along the Swamp Rabbit Trail is now a thriving food community where you can find:
- a GROCERY STORE specializing in local and regional goods with the best selection of farm fresh produce, meat and dairy;
- a CAFE with sustainably sourced craft coffee and espresso and sandwiches on our made daily stecca bread;
- an artisan BAKERY with scratch made pastries with wholesome ingredients;
- a wood fired artisan PIZZA RESTAURANT and craft local beer;
- COOKING CLASSES featuring seasonal and cultural cooking techniques;
- a whole animal BUTCHERY sourcing ethically raised, processed and prepared meat;
- a community GATHERING PLACE for fun events; and
- a FOOD HUB for distributing wholesale produce and meat across the region in order to further support our farmers and increase local food availability in restaurants, stores, and institutions.
Swamp Rabbit in the news!
“Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery butchery poised for December opening,” by Lillia Callum Penso, the Greenville News, November 29, 2017
“5 Great Restaurants, Coffee Shops, and Breweries in Greenville, SC,” by Alex Delany, Bon Appétit Magazine, September 27, 2017
“Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery owners get SBA nod,” by Teresa Cutlip, GSA Business Report, July, 18 2017
“Inside the local food revolution with Upstate Business Journal,” by Andrew Moore, Upstate Business Journal, June 16, 2016